Thursday, October 27, 2011

Where in the World is Oscar Fido? Yikes...watch out for those mountains!!

WhoooooWhoooooo! Riding in a hot air balloon is great! The best way to travel. I bet you will never guess where I am headed today. Would you like some clues? OK. Sure thing but run along a get out your maps, your globe, your atlas, your encyclopedias, or your just search (with Mom, Dad, or Teacher helping of course!) on the Internet. Most important though is your....

thinking cap of course!!!

This place is home to the longest cave system in the WHOLE world. Its called Mammoth Caves. YIKES!! I hope there aren't any mammoths living in there.  Yesterday I flew over a beautiful waterfall. Some people call it The Little Niagara but its real name is Cumberland Falls. Every year this state is home to a world famous horse race near a place called Louisville. MMMMM....I wonder are dogs allowed to be race horse jockeys? Pioneers like Daniel Boone have traveled through this place. Oh yeah...Did I mention the blue grass? Yep you heard me right...blue grass! Now put on your thinking cap and see if you can figure out the clues. Where in the world is Oscar Fido?

Figured it out already? WOW! You are one smart cookie. OK smarty pants...keep that thinking cap on and see if you can find five facts about this great place and post them to me right here on my blog. I love hearing from new friends!!!!

Learning is Pawsitively Fun!!!

Oscar Fido

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oscar is in Kentucky!!!
Fact #1: Kentucky is the first state west of the the Alleghany Mountains
Fact #2: Kentucky's state motto is "United We Stand, Divided We Fall"
Fact #3: Kentucky enter the union on June 1, 1792
Fact #4: The capitol of Kentucky is Frankfort.
Fact #5: The goldenrod is Kentucky's state flower.